Tuesday, January 24

Log Cabin Quilt


Yesterday, I made the red bias binding and added it to the quilt for my Dad. Shots include a view of the finished quilt draped on the long arm rails, a close up view of the back, a close up view of a block, and the hand written label that I should have quilted on the back but forgot to do before then. It's hand sewn on the quilt too.

I have to go back and add at least a little more quilting in a couple places because I didn't get the rows all completely evenly spaced, but other than that, I can't find much to complain about.

I used rather expensive King Tut thread to quilt this with, and the "Woodcut Camelia" pantograph, with the Intellistitch, at 12 stitches per inch. Given the complexity of the design, this thing used a full bobbin of thread on the bottom side PER ROW!

This is the second quilt done on the long arm. The first one I quilted was the one for my son, which I'll be finishing today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home